FARM-Mapper can be an alternative choice besides other mapping technologies such as large-scale and small-scale aerial photography with manned aircraft and satellite-based mapping, because it can get more detailed, real-time, faster and cheaper data. This technology is very promising to be applied developed and in accordance with Indonesia's topographic and geographical characteristics. FARM-Mapper is equipped with a flight control device or system via radio waves, precision navigation (Ground Positioning System - GPS and Compass), flight control electronics, and high resolution camera equipment.
Key Features :
- Can be operated relatively quickly anywhere, and can be done repeatedly to detect changes, so that real-time images can be obtained.
- Able to fly low, so that it can produce high-resolution images.
- Lower costs for aircraft image taking and maintenance, so that operating costs are more economical.
- Wide and varied applications; and
- No pilot needed, so it is relatively safe.
- Up to 60 minutes of flight time.
- Lots of cameras choices.